About IT 6753
IT 6753 Advanced Web Concepts and Applications had been a graduate level course for the MSIT program at SPSU/KSU until 2022. This course covers advanced web concepts, applications, technologies, tools, development and management practices. The course goes beyond just development or programming, and tries to give a more complete picture of the world of the web from different aspects. The topics covered vary as the domain and the industry advance.
From 2014 to 2018, the course focused on the following subjects:
- Web 2.0 and social media
- Mobile web design
- Web analytics (book chapter publication)
- We navigation systems (book chapter publication)
- Web engineering (book chapter publication)
- Web development frameworks
- Rich web user experience development
Class project highlights
- Co-Lecture: having students as partners to give lectures together
- Blog and blog site development project: creating blog websites and blog
- CCSE College Social Hub: a one-stop web aggregation of college's online social activities.
- AITP web project contest: one team got honorable mention in 2014.
- International Community School Portal using 8 WordPress, Drupal, and Joomla.
Publications on pedagogy
- Engaging Students as Co-Lecturers in Information Systems and Technology Courses, Journal of Information Systems Education 14(3):76-84, 2016
- Active and Collaborative Learning through a Blog Network, SAIS 2013 Proceedings